Fire fighters say a fire caused significant smoke, heat and fire damage to the first and second floor of a saloon building.
It all began inside a plastic bucket in the kitchen.
“It started in the kitchen. In a plastic bucket that contained rags or towels that more than likely contained animal fats. Those rags or towels eventually generated enough heat that then led to a full blown fire, a process known as spontaneous combustion.”
“One of the ways it can be prevented is to put oily rags or aprons of grease, not bunch them together and put them in something.”
Rags should be placed in a metal container with a lid.